Ronda Rousey is the best MMA female fighter in the world and a total badass. Her struggle and determination is very inspiring. She is determined, unafraid and pretty much unstoppable. Here are 10 reasons why more women should be like Ronda Rousey.
1. Ronda Rousey is a trend-setter for women who want to pursue a career in MMA.
2. She is an advocate for a healthy body image.
She has a bulky figure and was insecure about it in her teens which led to her to substance abuse and bulimia. She now encourages women to workout and be healthy instead of just ‘looking pretty’.
3. She is the living proof of perseverance.
Rousey struggled a lot in her life due to her father’s passing but she came out really strong.
“Whenever people talk about how cocky and arrogant I am, it blows me away, because I worked so hard to develop self-confidence,” she told the New Yorker.
4. She also believes women should be independent.
She coined the term ‘do-nothing-b*tch’ or DNB for “the kind of chick that just tries to be pretty and be taken care of by somebody else.”
5. She isn’t out to get greatness, she’s just doing what she does best.
6. She is tough but also not afraid to cry.
She admits on the Ellen DeGeneres Show that she cries before her fights.
7. She is also proof that women can be treated equally to men if they tried.
She also admits to being the highest paid MMA fighter in the UFC.
8. She is not afraid to call people out on domestic violence.
In July, she took home the Best Fighter ESPY award over Floyd Mayweather. This is what she said after,
“I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once.”
9. She is unwavering
Rousey has multiple medals and victories to her name, and she doesn’t show any signs of stopping soon. Also, she has started making her mark in Hollywood movies as well.
10. She doesn’t apologise for being herself.
“I’m the heel. I’m the anti-hero … And I like it that way.”