We all are familiar with the keen eyes of the ‘rishta aunties’ and how at the very mention of their names we run a mile away. Even though they have taken up the roles of the villains in our adult life, it’s time we cut them a little slack. Yes, they do get on our nerves but they are humans too; and deep down (waaaaayy deep) we know they do it because they care about us.
Here are ten reasons we need to stop hating on rishta aunties! This one is for all them Rishta aunties out there!
1. She knows people in every nook and corner in the world.
2. She’s the kind of person who won’t make you feel lonely. Ever.
Not even when you want to just be alone.
3. She is also the perfect way to distract your parents. And because she can talk for hours, you can sneak out and do as you please!
*round of applause please*
4. Because of her, we have perfected stealth mode.
5. She is the only one capable of convincing our parents to do anything.
6. She’s always pushing us to do better.
7. She has all sorts of totkas up her sleeve.
8. She is a very strong person. Her own personal story could have you in tears.
9. Once you get in their good books, she will love you forever.
She kind of believes she’s more your mother than your actual mother.