Society has set many standards for us girls. From how girls should walk, talk and generally how they should behave. But, when there is a population that doesn’t conform to those norms, they are called rebels, or in this case tomboys.
Here are 10 things that tomboys are tired of hearing:
1. “Ye kaise larkon ki tarah ghoom rahi ho.”
You always wore your dad’s and brother’s clothes it’s not how a girl ‘should’ dress.
2. “Kabhi tou insaan ban jaya karo.”
When you were dressed up for special occasions, it still didn’t stop you from doing your thing.
3. “Tameez se betho”
You heard this way too often. You had a habit of making yourself comfortable which made everyone else uncomfortable for some reason.
4. “Tum lar rahi ho ya baat kar rahi ho?”
You were often asked to speak softly because it was not lady-like for a girl to be loud.
6. “Larkiyon ko is tarah ki baatain karna zaib nahi deyta.”
You often heard this when you accidentally swore in front of an elder or anyone who wasn’t suppose to hear you swear.
7. “Log kya kahengay itnay larkon k saath rehti ho.”
We always have these ‘log‘ who like to poke their noses in other people’s businesses. There is no escaping them no matter who you are.
8. “Zara ban’na sanwarna seekho, warna esay kaisay chalay ga?”
Because you don’t know how to dress up or do your make-up properly, this plays out like a broken record for you.
9. “Larkon ko nazuk aur sharmili larkiyan pasand hoti hain.”
Because every boy is the same and have the exact same choice. #LogicFail
10. “Esay he chalta raha tou tumharay liye koi acha rishta nahi aye ga.”
And it all comes down to the soul purpose of a girl’s life: to get a good rishta.