There is one thing that you can’t escape during Ramazan: The special Ramazan transmissions!
Every channel has their own set transmissions. There will be different ones for sehri, iftar and then the after iftar game shows! We may be glued to these transmissions all Ramazan but here are 8 things all of us HATE about these shows:
1. Before iftar
2. Actors+models become Ulmas
3. Before iftar – Recitation of Naat
After iftaar – Dhamaal
4. The sudden change in the way people dress up.
Throughout the year – I am sexy and I know it!
During Ramazan – Shalwar Kameez is Shariah!
5. Stupid games where people are asked to do absurd ‘challenges’ for a “Jaam-e-shirin ki bike”!
6. Yes, they help the needy and the poor
But should they give babies for adoption to random people without any investigations?
7. They make fun of their audience and guests!
Aamir bhai is the best at insulting people. What he doesn’t realise is that he ends up making more of a joke of himself.
This made me hate the word “AAM”
8. It encourages greed and negates the idea of a hard earning.
Host: “Mubarak ho, aap jeet gaye hien (insert brandname) ki garri!”
Random Uncle: “Mera beta kab se cycle ke liye ro raha hai.“
Host: “Aap ko Bike de raha hun mein”
Uncle: “Liken cycle b de dein plis!“
Ramazan transmissions are a great way to inform, educate and entertain the masses but are our TV shows doing any of that yet? I don’t see it…