Where Karachi is loud, fast and ‘furious’, Islamabad is small, quiet, calm and safe!
Here’s what happens when a Karachiite visits or moves to Islamabad:
1. When you land at the airport you are like:
2. Then you look around the city and think,
3. And then,
4. But being a Karachiite, we are used to a lot of noise and hullabaloo. So in Islamabad you can hear yourself thinking, why do I feel like I am the only person talking here?
5. What?! There are only two malls in the city?
6. Where are the rickshaws and the buses?!
7. Wait, everyone goes to sleep at 9pm! WHY?
8. You don’t take out your smartphones because you are afraid you will get mugged, but then you find out,
9. Oooo! Ahhhh! Wow… so THIS is what a mountain looks like!
10. Why do all Islamabad-walas hate Pindi-walas?
11. But after a few days of being in Islamabad – you crave Karachi’s madness again because,
Life in Karachi is so fast that you never really have to go looking for an adrenaline rush! So while you wish Karachi was as green and as beautiful as Islamabad, Karachiites still love Karachi because it is a city that gets under your skin – it is a city that plants itself in your heart, mind and soul! And we find it to be beautiful!