“Kitnay bhai behan hain?”
“I’m the only one.”
“Really? Koi bhai bhi nahi hai?”
People often do a double take when you tell them that you’re an only child. Some people find it fascinating and some just feel bad for you. I don’t understand why!
Either way, it’s pretty awesome to be an only child, and here are 12 things you’ll be able to relate to if you are an only child!
1. You are showered with undivided love and attention from your parents.
2. And they are pretty much your best friends.
3. Most people assume that you are a spoilt brat.
4. Being an only child is also a lot of pressure because there are a lot of expectations from you.
5. When your ‘bahar walay relatives’ bring you chocolates, you don’t have to share them with anyone.
6. So, people tend to assume that you don’t know the first thing about sharing.
Which is not always true.
Your parents trained you to share more than anyone just to make sure you don’t grow up to be a selfish brat.
7. Since you are the only one, you get into trouble easily.
Even if you don’t get caught, you still get caught because it was most definitely you!
8. People assume that it’s sad that you’re an only child because it must get lonely.
When you are actually very comfortable being by yourself.
9. We’ve also managed to find many many many ways of entertaining ourselves.
10. And with all that time by yourself, you have a really good imagination, too.