Counter strike could be argued to be the greatest multiplayer game ever made. It is one of the most played games in the world and has sold over 25 million units worldwide. Here are some crazy facts about counter strike:
1. Counter Strike first started of as an extra mod for the game half life in 1999
2. It’s a prequel to left 4 dead
There are some fan theories that suggest that the games are interlinked as a lot of the maps are the same.
3. There is an arcade version of Counter Strike called Counter Strike Neo
It’s mostly played in Japan
4. The map de_dust was inspired by team fortress
De_dust was made from these pictures
5. In 2009 the two best counter strike teams were brought together to play against each other with a catch
The catch – There were strippers there to distract the players
6. The bots in the game are named after creators of the game
7. In 2010 a man died in the game by being “Knifed”. The player got so angry he searched for the player who killed him in the game for seven months and stabbed him with a real knife.
He missed his heart by an inch.
8. A child was suspended from school by making a map of his school in counter strike
9. There is a professional counter strike player who has no arms and legs. He’s even won tournaments.
10. There has even been cases of match fixing in counter strike
The players bet against themselves to win
11. Stuart Holden an American proffessional soccer player for Bolton also happened to be a pro counter strike player
12. There is a shooting range in Las Vegas which has a Counter Strike package which has all the guns from counter strike
13. McDonalds in Sweden named a burger after their national counter strike team
McNIP. NIP stands for Ninjas in Pajamas