There is always a mysterious aura behind everything related to celebrities, be it their personal lives or even death. Have you ever wondered, what do famous people say when they die? Apparently, the last words of some of the greatest authors, politicians, actors and singers were as interesting and intriguing as their lives.
Let’s have a look at famous last words of some of the greatest minds of the century.
*Note: Some of these quotes may vary as per different sources*
1. Mahatma Gandhi, the most influential leader during India’s independence struggle
These words were said by Mahatma Gandhi after being shot by a Hindu fanatic. Although, there are some sources claiming otherwise.
2. Steve Irwin, famous wildlife expert and conservationist
Steve said this to his cameraman while examining a stingray in the Great Barrier Reef. Ironically, the stingray did swim backwards and its tail pierced Steve’s chest which ultimately led to his death.
3. Steve Jobs, famous innovator, engineer, entrepreneur and co-founder of Apple
Steve Jobs uttered these words while looking at his family.
4. Lewis Carroll, famous author of ‘Alice In Wonderland’
These words were quoted by his nephew, Stuart Dodgson Collingwood in his book, The Life and Letters of Lewis Carroll.
5. Nostradamus, french apothecary and seer famous for his prophecies about the future
These words are reportedly the last prediction of Nostradamus about his own death. It is said that he was found dead the next morning.
6. Mozart, one of the greatest composers during the Classical era
Although it is very difficult to find sources which can confirm this but Mozart allegedly said these words before his death.
7. Alfred Hitchcock, the ‘master of suspense’ famous for his Psycho-thriller movies
The famous last words of one of the masters of thriller genre.
8. Michael Jackson, one of the most influential pop culture icon of all times
His doctor revealed these to be his last words. Michael was apparently asking for more of the drugs which he reportedly overdosed on.
9. Amelia Earhart, first female aviator to fly solo across Atlantic ocean
Last piece of radio transmission to her headquarters before she mysteriously disappeared.
10. Jack Daniel, founder of world’s most famous whiskey of the same name
Said by Jack Daniel on his deathbed. The words which beautifully sum up the life’s work of the famous Whiskey maker.
11. Bob Marley, legendary musician & singer
The last words Bob Marley said to his sons while on his deathbed.
12. Charles Darwin, geologist and naturalist famous for his contribution to the evolutionary theory
These words were reportedly the last words uttered by the man who gave the famous “Theory of Evolution”.
13. Kurt Cobain, lead singer of Nirvana
These were the last words written in his suicide note.
Intriguing words by some of the most famous minds of the century, aren’t they?
The original version of this post can be found here.