We all have our own set of fears and phobias. It’s normal to be afraid. There are people who are afraid of height, afraid of water, fire and many other things. But have you ever heard of Deipnophobia? That’s a fear of dinner parties, or how about Atritomophobia? That’s a fear of numbers. Below is a list of the weirdest phobias known to man:
1) Somniphobia – Fear of falling asleep
Yes, there are people who are afraid of the thing we love the most – sleep. People who suffer from this feel that they may never wake up or fear that they will lose too much time sleeping.
2) Nomophobia – Fear of not getting a signal on your mobile
A recent phobia where people’s worst fear is that their phone doesn’t have credit or network signals. Or worse, they can’t find their phones at all!
3) Hylophobia- Fear of trees
I can understand being scared of trees in a dark forest after you’ve watched a scary movie. But trees are generally harmless, they can’t even move!
4) Caligynephobia – Fear of beautiful women
Yes, there are some people in this world who are scared of beautiful women.
5) Pogonophobia – Fear of beards
Some people are scared of men with beards. Probably because they’re awesome.
6) Ergophobia – Fear of work
I feel like I may have this because work does scare me! In fact, I think most of us have this… People with this phobia fear work and can’t handle it.
7) Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia – Fear of long words
Can someone say ironic?
8) Anatidaephobia – Fear of being watched by a duck
You know that creepy feeling you get when you feel like someones watching you? Well for people with this phobia it’s ten times worse when there’s a duck watching them!
9) Coulrophobia – Fear of clowns
Though clowns are supposed to make you laugh, there are some people who freak out when they see a clown. It’s quite common actually, even Johnny Depp has it.
10) Chrometophobia – Fear of money
I am personally willing to help anyone with this phobia by taking their money. People with this phobia have a fear of having a lot of money. Seriously?!?
12) Genuphobia – Fear of knees
Do not wear short shorts in front of these people.
13) Phobophobia – Fear of phobias
What better phobia to end this list with but a phobia of getting phobias. People with this phobia are scared that they may keep developing other phobias!