Being a desi girl calls for a lot of responsibilities. You are the ambassador of your Khandan’s izzat. All your actions and words can be taken against you. If you are a young desi woman who is outspoken, chances are your life is not easy. Here’s what all the outspoken desi girls can relate to:
1. You are often labeled as “tez” and “batameez” by your elders.
2. Your colleagues know you can say anything anytime and therefore they maintain a distance from you.
3. You are often asked to watch your language when in public.
4. “Larkiyan aise bat nahi karti” – You have heard this a million times.
5. Just because you are not a people-pleaser, people hate you.