We know there are many things foreigners can’t do that desis can. But now its time to turn the tables. Here are some things foreigners do that we can learn from.
1. Greeting strangers
Desi reaction: What a weirdo, I don’t even know him!
2. Holding the door open for someone
Desi alternative: SLAM!
3. Thanking the waiter, the taxi driver, the massi and every one else too!
Desi logic: Why should we thank them? It’s their job!!
4. Not honking incessantly unless it’s an emergency
Desi logic: HONK HONK HONK!! What he honked at me?? That beep beep beep – now I will make sure to drive slow. Take that!
5. Not getting pressurised into marriage
Desi reaction: WHAT?! 28 AND NOT MARRIED?!
6. Escalator etiquette
Desi reaction: Wait…. that’s a real thing?!
7. Hugging the opposite sex
Desi reaction: Hey I saw you hug so and so, what’s the story? You guys dating?
8. Throwing trash IN the dustbin
Desi logic: Well, it’s already dirty, so throwing my trash around won’t make a difference anyway!
9.Obeying traffic laws
Desi traffic rules:
Red light = Go,
Yellow light = Go,
Green light = Go (but slowly)
10. Not caring what others are doing
Desi alternative: You know my neighbour’s maid’s daughter told me that my neighbour’s son’s friend’s aunt is getting married to a gora! Haw haye!
11.Not Staring At Foreigners
Desi reaction to a foreigner: She’s just a small town girl, but don’t stop… es-staring!
12. Not being judgmental about LGBTs
Our reaction: LGBT? Woh kya hota hai?
13. Following movie going etiquette
14. Not judging others on their profession
Desi version of professions: You’re a what? An aerodynamics engineer? Acha acha, computer sciences parha hai!
15. Quitting their job for their real passion
Desi reaction: Beta, tameez se medical degree khatam karo. Yeh acting shacting koi kaam nahi hai!
This original version of this post can be found here.