Have you ever had braces? If you have, did or are going to have them, you have to have a strong will and determination to get through this phase. Don’t worry though, we are here to sympathise with you. Here are 10 things you can relate to if you used to or are wearing braces:
1. The hardest decision that you ever had to make was this:
What colour should I choose?
2. But they are so damn painful.
3. This is what your mouth feels like with all the wires:
And the only solace you have are these things:
4. People keep asking you when you are going to get them off.
And you’re like:
5. Eating and chewing anything is a nightmare
This is your food most of the time.
6. You can’t have chewing gum or apples so people tease you like:
Thanks for rubbing it in my face, jerk.
7. You think of the time you will get your braces off and dream of all the apples you are gonna eat.
Even if you don’t like apples. You’re gonna eat them.
8. You will find chunks of food in your braces days later.
“If I could just reach that spot… almost there…”
9. You somehow develop a lisp and people are like:
10. Your toothbrushes goes bad really fast.
11. When you have an appointment with the orthodontist, you always hope that you get your braces off today.
But your orthodontist be like:
12. This was the worst 45 seconds of your life during the procedure.
13. And you hated it when all your orthodontist did was change your bands.
Like seriously? This is it?
14. When people tell you that they want to get braces just because they want to, you’re like:
15. You’ve become best friends with other people who have braces.
I feel ya!
16. When you smile for a photo, you kind of look like this:
17. When you get your braces off, it feels really weird because you are not used to so much space in your mouth.
18. And your teeth are AMAZING!
So you can’t stop touching your own teeth! #WeirdIKnow