The holy month of Ramazan is here and it is time for us to shed all those bad thoughts and habits, and put on our naik parveen and maulvi madan costumes! It’s all very transparent though… Here is a list of 18 things we do in ‘honour’ of this holy month.
1. We update our social media to reflect how excited we are about this month and can’t wait to see the moon.
— Geant ME (@GeantME) June 17, 2015
— Mazen (@contactmzn) June 16, 2015
— Javeria Siddique (@javerias) July 27, 2014
2. Then starts the race against time
3. The difference in our praying habits is… obvious
— Abeer Hadrami (@QueenAbeeroo) June 17, 2015
4. We even have Ramazan resolutions
— Jenean Abughoush (@imstill_jenny) June 16, 2015
5. And exclusive Ramazan emoticons too!
— Sazmat2604 (@babygurl2604) June 17, 2015
6. And let’s not forget the Ramazan gear
— FඹЯЯน㉿Ħ ŞĦඹΙ㉿Ħ (@farrukhshaikh) June 16, 2015
7. Our TV channels follow our lead too
8. And then the Ramazan transmissions take flight
— S'aبoor (@suboortariq) June 15, 2015
9. And you say
Because you’re against commercialism of the holy month.
10. But then we take selfies and upload them on social media anyway…
— Muhammad Umair (@puunjabian) June 13, 2015
11. And even our pick-up lines become Ramazan-y
12. But stress levels are high
13. And we are constantly reminded of the things we must not do in Ramazan
Or through public service messages:
— RAJA Imran (@enconnect) June 13, 2015
14. But we know how to make our points heard the halal way – through humour!
— Sulphuric Acid® (@MonaAcid) May 21, 2015
This one is my personal favorite
15. What can never change, however, is the honesty behind our Sehri time face
— Uzair Ansaree (@Uzairansaree) June 16, 2015
16. Or the disappointment of it not being Iftar time yet…
17. And then depression kicks in
18. But at Iftar time we become shamelessly happy!