Shopping, preparations, dholkis, mehndi and finally the wedding. On this special occasion you come across many people. Some of them are very generous and some of them are generously annoying! Here are 20 types of people you will definitely meet at every Pakistani wedding:
1. The annoying photographer
“Beta idhar dekhien.” “Zara saamne se toh hatien.” “Beta, thora side pe, thora aur.”
2. The inappropriate camera man
He stalks you and will ONLY record you while you are eating!
3. The naraz phupho
“Mujhay toh larkay k taya ki beti sey kisi ney milwaya hi nahi.”
4. The ‘pareshan’ parents
“Jaldi khana bhejwao! Sab log intezar kar rahy hain.” “Yeh kya bekaar phool lagaye hain!” “Mehmanon se pehle koi ghar wala khana nahi khaye ga – samjh aai?!”
5. The recently married couple
The newly wed bride wears her own wedding dress to the wedding…
6. The nanis and dadis, who are there to protect you from every buri nazar
7. And dada and nana, who are always going on and on about the ‘fahashi’ that’s going on
“Toba toba zara sharam nahi hai aj kal k bachon mein.”
8. The Aunty who can’t stop showing off
“Aap aik ki baat karti hain, hamari toh 10, 10 factories hain…. hahaha!”
9. The groom’s handsome best friend that all girls have their eyes on
10. And the gorgeous bride’s best friend who is more active in the wedding than the relatives of the bride
11. The distant relatives who have no idea who is who and what’s going on
Main tu yahan kisi ko nahi janti.
12. The selfie obsessed group
You are probably a part of one of their selfies too – you just don’t know it yet.
13. The critic
Khana toh bilkul bhi acha nahi hai, hall ki lights dim kyun hain itni? Dulhan ne yeh colour kyun pehna? Iss larkay nay iss larki se shaadi kaise kar li?
14. The person who is shy at first but rocks the dance floor when in the zone
15. The tharki guy who shamelessly checks out every single girl
16. The popular cousin who just got back from Amereeka
“Haan bus theek hi lagrahy ho”
17. The rishtey wali aunty
“Koi kam kaj ata hai apki beti ko?”