Really great photography takes skill, dedication, perseverance, and a little bit of crazy. In order to get just the right angle, lighting, and perspective you’ve got to think, plan and then stop at nothing to make it happen.
Some of the world’s craziest photographers won’t let anything get in the way of a perfect photo opportunity, even if that means defying gravity or risking their own safety. At the end of the day it was all worth it so long as they captured the perfect shot.
The devotion photographers give to their trade is truly inspiring, as well as a bit jaw dropping at times. Case and point, check out these crazy photographers who will do anything, and we mean ANYTHING, to capture the perfect picture.
1. You Say His Feet + Tripod Are On Fire, He Says He’s Capturing The Perfect Photo
2. Brutal Attacks Do Happen, The Strong Get Up And Keep Shooting Photos
3. Scaling Buildings Like A Superhero
4. Bend It Like A Photographer
5. Great Photography Takes Many Skills, Like Building Camouflage Snow Huts
6. The Other Swans Were A Tad Bit Suspicious, But This Took A Lot Of Planning
7. And You Think Your Selfies Are Cool…
8. Which One Do You Like Best?
Sometimes being great at your craft means asking others for their opinion.
9. Going Out On A Limb
10. Standing Up To The Incredible Force Of Water
11. You Better Pay Me If You’re Going To Take My Photo!
If you’re going to take photos of animals out in the wild you’re going to have to run pretty fast from time to time…
12. Murky Waters Don’t Scare Him
13. Standing In The Line Of Fire
14. Stingrays Don’t Scare This Action Photographer
15. Knowing How To Make Friends With The Birds = Priceless
16. Chilled To The Bone But Ready To Work
17. Born To Be A Wildlife Photographer
18. He Might Be Freezing But His Photos Are Steaming Hot
19. She Cares About Nothing But Capturing Just The Right Photo
20. Rigging The Impossible
21. You’ve Got To Know How To Be Sneaky
22. It Can Be A Dirty Job
23. Floor Shot
24. His Wife Just Doesn’t Get It… And He Just Doesn’t Care
25. His Camera Gets An Umbrella, But He Doesn’t Need One
26. Climbing City Light Posts Like Forest Trees
27. Bear In The Water
28. No Fear
29. Must Not Be Afraid Of Heights
30. Tickets To The ‘Gun’ Show
31. The Reward Of A Risky Photo = Perfection
The original version of this post can be found here.