With all the high-tech gadgets available these days, the kids of today probably won’t understand most of these pictures. For some, however, these pictures will depict very important parts of their childhood and for others it will evidence advancement. For me, however, these photographs are proof of just one thing: I am getting old. Anyway, enjoy this blast from the past.
1. When we had no Google, we had encyclopedias.
2. Back in the day, we didn’t have smartphones, we had dial phones.
3. And, there was no way to contact anyone on the way if there were a change of plans.
4. Listening to your favourite song on the radio felt awesome. And these stereos were the shit.
5. And you were definitely one of the cool kids if you owned one of these.
6. We didn’t have unlimited cartoons, but we had 7am cartoons and Pakistani Muppets.
7. Also, the Ainak Wala Jinn!
8. When we had to wait for our pictures to be developed and could only take 36 pictures in one roll!
9. So we got one shot for the best click!
10. We had no wifi so we used a dial-up connection
11. And it made a weird noise that I still remember so clearly
11. And when we had to save something, we would save it on these floppy disks. They are like USB sticks – only bigger.
12. We brought into existence what is now known as a ‘mixed tape’. And this is so true:
13. Can you believe it?
Feeling old, yet?
This post was inspired by this