We have so many reasons to love our gadgets. Today, we have the smallest bit of information on the tip of our fingers because of our phones. But, more than information, our phones have helped us with other things that are more important- getting out of awkward situations.
Let’s all take a moment to reminisce and thank our beloved phones for rescuing us from typical life situations.
1. When you see someone you know but you don’t want to talk to them
*Start texting no one*
2. When you’re waiting for someone and they’re late
Okay, just gonna wait here and play Candy Crush for a while.
3. When you want to get out of a Dawaat that is going horribly.
Been there. Done that.
4. When you’re sitting in the toilet and you know it’s going to take you a long time to get out.
Suddenly, you can’t remember how you used to kill time in the toilet before you had a phone.
5. When you run into someone you know and you need an excuse to get out.
“Hey, I’m getting a call. I’ll talk to you later? Kthanksbye.”
6. When you’re at a boring Shaadi and you’re surrounded by aunties.
And you’re the only one out there who isn’t too old or too young.
7. When you need to get out of a meeting so you tell them that the call you’re getting is ‘urgent’.
Best reason to have a phone, tbh.
8. When you’re stuck at an extremely boring lecture.
No explanations needed.
9. When your friend’s parents start scolding them in front of you
And you’re confused whether to make a serious face or laugh at your friend. Thank you, phone.
10. When you’re with one person in the lift and the awkwardness is obvious
And that’s when you breathe a sigh of relief about your best friend being next to you – your smartphone.
Yes, keep swiping that screen endlessly. Swipe it, damn it.
The original version of this post can be found here.